The Virginia Archeological Society welcomes both professionals and non-professionals to join ASV. Members enjoy the full benefits of the best and latest information on finds and ongoing activities throughout the state.
We have several levels of membership, from student to adult, senior to professional, and more. You can even join your entire family so young and old can enjoy archeology together. Non-professional members can also enroll in our Archeological Technician Certification Program.
Membership is on a calendar year basis. Applications made after October 31 of any year are automatically placed to begin the following January 1. Applications made prior to Oct. 31 receive all Quarterly Bulletins and Newsletters for the calendar year.
Members are encouraged to join their local chapters (See our Local Chapters page). Chapters form the base for ASV activities and by joining a chapter, members can fully participate in meetings, surveys, digs, certification, artifact processing, archival research or whatever research the member wishes.
- Four issues of the ASV Quarterly Bulletin
- All issues of the ASV Newsletter for the year
- Invitations to attend about the Society’s largest event, the Annual Meeting & Conference, held generally in October with locations varying from year to year in the state. Keynote speakers, field trips, and banquet are highlights, as are various conferences and presentations of archeological papers.
- Eligibity to apply for the Archeology Technician Certification program.
- Eligibility to participate as volunteers at various chapter activities (archeological digs, outreach programs, and more).