The Archeological Society of Virginia is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization established in 1940, whose purpose is:
- To promote the study of archeology and anthropology, especially but not limited to the prehistoric and historic periods in Virginia
- To work for the proper conservation and exploration of archeological sites and materials
- To encourage the scientific study of archeological sites and materials and to discourage careless, misdirected, or commercial collecting of artifacts
- To promote the spread of archeological knowledge through the media of publications, meetings, lectures, exhibits, etc.
- To collaborate with other organizations and agencies that serve the same purposes as those of this society.
The ASV also provides scholarships, recognition awards, and support for local chapter projects, as well as education and outreach.
Your donations may be completely tax-deductible and will be acknowledged.
DONATING HISTORICAL COLLECTIONS OR ARTIFACTS
If you have collections of historical significance that you would like to donate to the ASV, please contact us.
FINANCIAL DONATIONS MAY BY SENT BY MAIL TO:
Carl Fischer, Treasurer
Archeological Society of Virginia
1685 Sweet Hall Road
West Point, Virginia 23181
Questions? Email the ASV Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org